It is a Christmas present that I requested because I thought it was a calendar with inspirational sayings all through it. Then, I broke the seal and actually looked inside. The purpose of this “Life Planner” is to help with action steps for achieving goals for 2018. Lose a little weight -- now I have no choice. Ugh! It’s not what I expected. At first glance, it looked overwhelming. Then the more I flipped through the pages, I started to get excited. The inspirational quotes gave me enough motivation to start filling the dang thing out. My favorite page so far has a quote about action.
You might have first stumbled upon this website, clicked through it and thought, “Ugh! This is not what I expected.” Don’t go away. I know that it might seem overwhelming at first glance to organize a group of ten people or another number for the sole purpose of doing kind acts. What is the motivation to do this? I am going to list for you five reasons why you want to consider getting involved with this website and movement.
1. It builds community. Pulling a group of 10 people to share a common goal gives you reason to include others in something positive. It is simple - kind acts that make people smile.
2. You can share your stories. There is a place on this site for you to share your stories of how your intentional kind acts are making a difference. Not just in big ways, but in small ways- like the butterfly story.
Go to “contact” and email your story and/or pictures. Tell us what you are doing or what kind act for which you were the recipient and we will post it. No act of kindness is too small.
3. It motivates you to action. Just like my life planner is filled with inspirational sayings to urge me along. You will read stories from the “Smile” community that will inspire you to action. Send stories. Make this your site.
4. You can make change happen. You can be a part of a movement whose goal is to make the world a better and kinder place to live. We can move mountains together! Start with our stomping grounds-- the USA.
5. It’s just fun to be kind. And if that is not enough, MAS is going to give away a gold colored commemorative lapel pin with the MAS logo to the first 1000 leaders to form groups. Won’t it be fun to run into other people wearing the MAS gear and say, “hey, I’m part of that movement, too.”
This website could give us all the motivation and encouragement we need for positive change. Change in our thoughts, our behaviors, and actions. So before you leave this site, look around, give it some thought. Make America Smile has potential to change lives in simple ways - more than what you may have thought at first glance.
Got more questions? See the “faq?” page of this website. If you have a question that we haven’t answered, contact us and ask. We welcome your questions.